How to Setup Google Analytics
This can be easily done in 4 steps
Google – Google Analytics or head over to the website here
Sign into the Google account that you want to use
PS – You may need to sign out and start step 1 again.
You’ll appear at this page.
Click Sign Up
You should appear on this page !
1) Make sure you have website selected
2) You’ll need an account name – I called mine My Website
3) Type in your website name – I called mine Optimize Website Tutorials
4) You can select https:// or http://
If you have an SSL certificate click https://
Type in your website URL – you can copy this from your homepage removing the https:// bit
5) Select your industry – You can always change this. I get confused with it myself. I picked education as that seemed the best option
Scroll down to see Data Sharing Settings
I leave these as is.
Click Get Tracking ID
Note: A terms of agreement flashes up. Have a read if you want, but you’ll need to click accept for the next step.
You’ll then appear on this page.
Highlighted in red is you’re tracking ID which you can load on your website to track your website visitors.
You then have the whole dashboard area you could look at to see who visits you.
Well done you have now set up Google Analytics
I hope you found this article helpful ! 🙂